All investors involved in the stock market must renew their Demat account every financial year. In this article, we are going to talk about how to renew Demat account with different methods like eSewa, Khalti, IME Pay, Connect IPS, and so on. We will also talk about how to renew Mero share account.
If you have not renewed your Demat account, your share will be freeze. Share Freeze means, you cannot sell these stocks which are on your Mero share account.
If you have sold your freezed shares with your TMS or broker account, then you can not transfer this share after sale. If you don’t transfer your shares on time, you have to pay a penalty of 20% of your transaction amount.
So, renew your Demat and Mero Share account on Time to avoid a 20% penalty. Don’t think it’s only 20%, if you trade a large amount you will have to pay a high penalty amount which will have a huge impact on your portfolio.
You have to pay Rs.100 to renew your Demat account and Rs.50 to renew Mero Share account. You can renew both accounts together and separately as per your requirement.
Here we are going to talk about different methods to renew your Demat and Mero Share Account.
How to renew Demat account from eSewa
To renew your Demat account from eSewa follow the following steps:
- Login to your Mero Share account.
- Now click on your profile icon and then click on Mero Share Profile.
- Now click on Renew Account.
- Choose eSewa as payment partner.
- Choose Mereshare and Demat. If you want to renew Demat only then click on Demat. If you want to renew Meroshare only, Then click on Meroshare.
- Now click on Proceed.
- Now put your eSewa ID(phone Number) and Password and Pay.
Renew Demat account from eSewa mobile Application
If you are unable to login your Meroshare account follow the following steps:
- Log into your eSewa account first.
- Now find Financial Services in eSewa account.
- Now click and Financial Services.
- Now you will see Finance, Credit card, EMI, Micro Finance and Broker options like below.
- Now click on the Finance Option.
- Now Click on Meroshare and Demat Renewal Option.
- Now put your Meroshare account username and password with your depositary participants like this and click on login.
- Now pay charge amount.
How to renew Demat account from Khalti
To renew Demat account from Khalti, you can simply login to your Meroshare account. Then choose Khalti as payment partner.
If you want to renew Demat account from Khalti Application then follow the following steps:
- Login to your Khalti wallet.
- Click on View More and find Demat and MeroShare Section.
- Now click on Demat and MeroShare.
- Now choose your Depositary Participant (Where you had opened Demat account).
- For exapmple I had opened my demat account on Prabhu Capital. So, I am going to click on Prabhu Capital Icon as Depositary Participant.
- Then it will redirect to the Meroshare Website. Now Login your Meroshare and pay charge amount.
There is not any difference renew Demat with Meroshare. If you want to renew with your demat with wallet, then you can renew you demat account with your wallet application.
But if you want to renew Demat and Meroshare with Meroshare, then you can choose any wallet as payment partner. You can renew your Demat account with Meroshare Website or Application. You can download Meroshare application from Pastore and Appstore.
If you want to renew your Demat account from Meroshare, then follow the following steps:
- Login to your Meroshare account first.
- Then click on your profile icon.
- Now click on Mero share profile.
- Then click on Renew Account and choose any payment partner as your wish or availability.
How to renew Demat account from Connect IPS
To renew Demat account with connect IPS, you can choose ConnectIPS as payment partner while going to pay renewal amount from Meroshare.
- Login to Your Meroshare Account.
- Follow the above mentioned steps until select payment partner.
- Now choose ConnectIPS(NCHL) as payment partner.
- Now slecte which you want to renew. Demat and Meroshare, Demat only, and Meroshare only then click on proceed.
- Now login to your ConnectIPS account with your username and password and pay charge amount.
How to renew Demat account from Prabhu Pay and IME Pay
To renew Demat account form Prabhu Pay and IME Pay. Follow the above mentioned steps and Choose Prabhu Pay as a payment partner, and put your Prabhu Pay ID and password then pay the charge amount.
If you want to pay with IME Pay wallet then follow the above mentioned steps and choose IME pay as payment partner and Login to your IME Pay account and pay the required charge amount then your Demat and Mero share account will be renewed.
Q: How to check my Demat account is Freeze or not?
Ans: Simply login to your Meroshare Account. Go to ‘MY Shares’ section and If your share are show on Freeze balance then your Demat account is Freeze. If your all shares are show in Free Balance then your Demat account is not freeze.
See the picture of my Freeze Demat account:
Q: Do we need to renew Demat account every year?
Ans: Yes, your demat account will expire every year and You should should renew your demat account every year. But if you do not want to renew your demat and Meroshare account every year, then you can pay charge for multiple years at a time. You can renew ‘Meroshare’ for 5 years at a time but you can renew your demat account for more than 5 years also.
Q: How to check Demat and Meroshare expiry Date?
Ans: Login to Mero share account, then click on profile. Now you can see your ‘Demat and Meroshare’ expiry date.
Q: Why Should I renew my Demat account?
Ans: If you have not renewed your Demat account, you cannot transfer shares after the sale. So, you have to pay a penalty fee of 20% of your transaction amount.